Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Is there only one way to Heaven? (By: youaregolden)

I have been reading up about a new preacher that the World loves and adores and his beliefs and such. Some of it is scary, but something really struck me. He has different opinions then me with the whole prosperity message (That I am totally against) and a few other issues, but one issue is not something I can agree to disagree on. I am not going to state his name just because I don't want you all to think I am condemning him, thats not what this blog is about.

The thing that really made me go "huh" is him denying that Christ is the only way to heaven. he had no faith in the fact that only Christ could save.

This man was on 60 minutes with Larry King, and this was one of the questions that was asked:
Quote:

KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?

???: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know ...

KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?

???:Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God will judge a person's heart. I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.



Hmm... now this got me thinking, if someone loves "their god" with all their heart and follow them, could they get to heaven? Could a devote Muslim get to heaven just because he was following his god with all his heart, get to heaven?

John 14:6:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.



Christ is the ONLY way to heaven.

Ephesians 2:8:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:



There is nothing that we can do that can save us. It is Christ's grace and sacrifice alone.

So, to answer my question, NO, a muslim who is totally committed to his religion can NOT get to heaven , because he does not know Christ, he did NOT ask for forgiveness for his sins, and because he knows nothing about how to go to heaven throught he ONLY way that saves.

There is ONE way to Heaven, and that is Christ. Any other way will lead to Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment